1. Do you accept unsolicited proposals?
In general, we do not accept unsolicited proposals. However, we do accept Letters of Inquiry (go to the GRANT INFORMATION page for further details).
2. How will I know if you received my Letter of Inquiry?
We acknowledge receipt of every Letter of inquiry either by U.S. mail or by email.
3. We recently submitted a Letter of Inquiry and were declined. May we re-submit?
Unless you were declined because the request did not fall within the Foundationís current funding areas, another request is eligible for consideration 12 months from the original date of the Letter of Inquiry.
4. Are there specific instructions for applying?
Letters of inquiry are accepted all year. If you have been formally invited to apply for funding, you will be provided specific deadlines for those applications.
5. How often are proposals considered?
The Board of Directors meets twice per year and makes all grant decisions at those meetings.
6. What types of grants does the Foundation make?
The Foundation makes grants for general operating support and program/project support. On occasion, the Foundation will make grants to endowments, capital campaigns and scholarship programs. In general the Foundation does not make grants to individuals, political parties or candidates, campaigns, lobbying activities, fundraising activities, benefits, special events or advertisements.
7. Do you give grants outside of Los Angeles County?
The Foundation primarily makes grants to organizations in LA County. However, there are exceptions and the Foundation will consider these on a case by case basis.